Saturday, October 31, 2009

Friday Follow Up

Thankfully, I received a message this morning from Nikky saying that we were "all good". Hubby was suspicious but didn't have any actual evidence of wrong-doing. She had a half-way believable story about why she was out at three o'clock in the morning, not answering her phone. Plus, she's practically nocturnal, so running errands at night isn't that out of the ordinary for her.

Of course, now his antennae are up. We're going to have to be very, very careful for a while. I'd be ok with taking some time off but Nikky has been too long without a decent sexual relationship, so I think the best I can do is try and manage our risk a little better. Plus, she has a hotel room for tomorrow night...

My Halloween goal has been derailed, Jenn decided she needed some quality time with her son and so she isn't going out. Besides, I did the two-women one-day thing yesterday and we all know how well that worked out. It would have been so much fun to juggle Jenn and Nikky on the same night, so exciting on so many levels, but after the last 24 hours I think it's time to down shift for a little while.

I decided not to go out tonight, though Cat offered me the opportunity. I have this sense that my luck has been pushed just about to the limit, any good karma has been exhausted (What? I tipped the dude at Starbucks this morning). So if you are a person in good standing with the people upstairs, put in a good word for me. I could use it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment