Monday, November 23, 2009

Questions

Sex. It's the subtext to absolutely everything we do in life. It's a psychologist's gold mine. If you're open, it can tell you a lot about yourself, your partner. The problem, I've found, is that even behind closed doors people are so self conscious, afraid even, to try new things or express what they want. It's ridiculous but we all do it constantly, in the bedroom and out.

Life is like a really long buffet table. We're walking down the line taking a little of this, a little of that. Mom says you have to try the potato salad. Your lover says the angel food cake is great but he's taken the devil's. Everyone is looking at what everyone else has on their plate and wondering what others will think before putting anything on yours. The triple-chocolate truffles look good but you pass because you don't want the nearby stranger to think you're that kind of person.

Each selection says a little bit about who you are. We spend so much time and energy shaping the way others see us that I don't think half of the things we do we do for ourselves.

For example, if there was a secret place, a stranger/strangers of whatever type/size/sex you want, no names or information exchanged, no chance of the encounter ever being exposed outside, every sexual option on the table with your pleasure being the only factor... given such an opportunity I think we'd surprise ourselves. The things we'd try, what kinds of things we'd enjoy, the freedom... the satisfaction.

I'm standing at that doorway, peering in. Given any option, what would I try? What would I do?

What would you do? Does putting it in writing and posting it for the world to see make you uneasy? What do those fantasies say about you? How do they make you feel?

3 comments:

  1. What would you do?
    Having been a virgin til I met my husband, I feel I've missed out on a lot of wild oat sowing. That is not to say I did absolutely NOTHING before marriage, but I think I'm a little curious to try other partners. Both men and women. I want to be dominated. I want to explore. Threesomes, swaps, orgies! In a perfect world I'd try it all.

    Does putting it in writing and posting it for the world to see make you uneasy?
    Not particularly. I'm a pretty honest person and would mostly say this to anyone. Plus, no one really knows who I am on here. I think it's easier to write it hear than talk about it in some ways.

    What do those fantasies say about you?
    Hmm...that I'm curious? Inexperienced? Horny...? ;-)

    How do they make you feel?
    Regretful of the time I wasted. Horny. :-) Curious about what will happen in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finding out rather embarrassingly, I might add, as I've always thought I was broad minded and adventurous, that my own sexual imagination is somewhat lacking sometimes.
    It's not that I don't want to try things, I just sometimes don't even see them on the table. I could quite easily get to the end of the table and not have noticed the chocolate truffles.

    Nice metaphor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaktiforce... it's funny, my original idea for this post was to include my own fantasies and do a kind of self-evaluation...

    I ran out of time and guts, lol. But I did realize that my own imagination was pretty lacking so maybe I'll just evaluate these responses for ideas ;)

    ReplyDelete