Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Valuable Waste of Time pt2

So, after realizing that I didn't want to share absolutely EVERYthing with any-FUCKING-one I starting trying to figure out my boundaries. If I'm not willing to share everything all the time than what are my limits, what are the "you shall not pass" lines?

This is what I've figure out:

I don't want to live with someone else. Period. I don't care if you're the virgin sex god of the fucking planet and will obey my every desire... I don't want you moving in. I need my own space. After having NO personal space for the last... several decades... I can't do it any more. This is my space, I do what I want here, I decorate it (or not) however the fuck I want to, I can lock the door if I feel like it... Yeah, it's MY place. Period.

[A side note: I do miss sleeping next to someone... sometimes. That was always a comforting thing, to have someone to wrap myself around and fall asleep, or to be asleep and have a beautiful woman crawl into bed and snuggle up. Other times, when I can stretch out and don't have to share the covers... it's nice to have my own bed.]

I will not put up with anyone who needs a status update every fifteen minutes. I'm sorry, it's my fucking life, I'll share it if and when I choose to and that's it. That's always been a pet peeve of mine. If you haven't heard from me in a couple hours, BIG FUCKING DEAL, I'm probably busy or have nothing to say.

So, in summary, what I really want is a long term, part-time girlfriend. Seriously, if I could have a girlfriend for say, 3-4 days a week, I'd be absolutely happy. Anything more than that and I'd start getting that 'cornered animal' vibe in the back of my brain. When it's her off day than I don't hear from her, she doesn't poke her nose into what I'm doing and I return the favor. She can sleep over on her 'on' days but I wouldn't be offended if she chose not to. Two completely separate lives that come together a few times a week. And if, for some reason, a day needs to be re-scheduled DON'T FREAK OUT, I'm not cheating- something just came up.

I write all this, not only to amuse myself, but to express things that I believe many people feel. I'm not that original, if I'm feeling this way than I'm sure many other people are too. However, I also see that our society is not built for these kinds of relationships and most women probably wouldn't be interested in this kind of semi-commitment (unless it was on the side of their committed relationship).

Which brings me to my final point, I've never really been a fan of prostitution but I'm beginning to understand it's appeal. This 'ideal' relationship of mine is basically that of a classic Man to Mistress, both have individual lives and 'date' each other long term. Since most women probably wouldn't be interested in a semi-committed, long term relationship without monetary incentive, as with classical mistresses, this ideal relationship could almost be seen as a form of prostitution. I have a feeling most guys would be willing to invest some cash to have a relationship that follows these guide lines.

After all, as the old saying goes, you don't pay a prostitute for sex, you pay her to leave.

Women, keep that in mind the next time you're bugging your man.

No comments:

Post a Comment