Monday, May 13, 2013

A nice evening

This is going to be a little more Middle School than most of my posts.  Bear with me, I had a nice night, got that fuzzy feeling, and wanted to write.  So, sue me.  Or not, it's my blog after all.

For the past year and a half I've been taking a kick-boxing/grappling class a couple times a week at the local gym.  It's fun, there's some cool people in class, and it's a good work out.  A couple of those cool people are chicks, which doesn't hurt my motivation to make class.

My first day of class the instructor had his girlfriend push me around the room to demonstrate how well the techniques work.  Not only his girlfriend, she's been his star pupil for over a decade.  She's Asian, kind of a punk, black rimmed glasses, tattoo sleeves, yet quiet and thoughtful.  Now, I'm a pretty fit 200 pound guy and this little 100 pound Asian girl had me on the proverbial ropes, tripping all over myself.  It was a pretty good demonstration.  And yeah, I've had the hots for her ever since.

I've never even vaguely considered making a move, not only am I now friends with her boyfriend, he could whoop my ass in about .5 seconds.  And that's not an exaggeration, I outweigh him by fifty pounds but he's solid muscle and ridiculously fast.  So, for the past year and a half I've just kept it to myself, tried not to stare at her ass too much (she has a great ass for someone so thin).

Tonight, I got paired up with her for some extended exercises.  This wasn't all that unusual, what was unusual was how long we were paired up.  For over an hour we were grinding all over each other, doing different arm and leg locks, pushing and pulling at the other's body.

At one point the Yogurt shop next door started playing some loud R&B music.  They never play music, but that night we were doing martial arts moves to club music.  It wasn't quite like we were dancing but it wasn't that far off either.  Laughing and touching to a heavy bass beat.

I'm a pretty good study of human behavior, especially when I've known someone for over a year.  I know their baseline behavior and I notice when their behavior starts to stray from normal.

And you know what?  While we were together I saw the spark.

You know what I mean by the spark.  That little flicker in the eyes, the smile that's just a little bit bigger and the laugh that comes a little quicker.  A little bit of a flush to the cheeks, pupils dilated.  The touch that lingers just a little bit longer than necessary.  The spark, the warm and fuzzy feeling in the lower gut...

To see her being affected by the physical closeness as much as me was really, really nice.

To smile and have the smile reflected back, that spark in the eyes, the tingling in the gut.  It probably won't go anywhere but it's been such a long time, I forgot how good that spark feels.

1 comment:

  1. That is one of my favorite things, crushing on someone, the fantasies can run so hot!

    ReplyDelete