Monday, May 27, 2013

Follow up to weird date

I haven't heard anything from Leah since our abruptly-ended date.  This is either a relief or an annoyance depending on your perspective.  I'm not entirely sure which camp I'm in yet.

There were aspects of Leah that I really liked.  She has a good sense of humor, she's smart, pretty attractive too, but I still hesitate.  I never thought I'd say something like this but I think we might be too similar.  Seriously, she's like a female version of me.  That means being around her is weird at times, it's like having hanging out with yourself.  This is an odd feeling because I thought that Cat and I were really similar, but it turns out that Cat and I were similar in a totally different way.  We were like two completely different people that would come to the same conclusions for different reasons.  We could at least talk about how we came to our similar decisions and we still had different personalities.  With Leah, it's the same opinions, for the same reasons, and the same personality.  It's weird.

I never really thought about it before, but it's hard to be passionate about a relationship when you agree about everything for all the same reasons.  The perspectives are the same so what is there to talk about?  You laugh at the same jokes, feel the same ways about everything, and all conversations are level-headed and agreeable.  So, what's the point of the conversation?  What is there to be passionate about?  What is there to debate, to argue?  I never thought that there was any value to those differences, I thought that they were frustrations and a waste of time.  Now, I'm thinking that there is such a thing as being too similar, that it takes away the fun of being in a relationship.

She hasn't contacted me so I was tempted to send her a text today.  I've been thinking about it though, and I'm not sure if it's worth pursuing anything with her.  The time might be better spent finding someone that I can disagree with.

No comments:

Post a Comment