Thursday, May 30, 2013

Writing a Book, maybe

I've had a lot of fun writing all these posts over the years.  All these topics, all these relationships, all these events, and all the words.  The writing has been therapeutic at times, it lets me spew out whatever words come to mind without judging.  It's been a confidante.  This blog has been the place where I whisper all my secrets and shout out my triumphs.

Lately, I've been feeling as though all these words and experiences have been swirling around in my head for too long.  As though I have too much to say to fit into a couple of posts a week.  They're like sticky notes, teasers, hinting toward something bigger.  A haiku, trying to fit too much into too few words.

So, I decided that I really, really want to write a book.  I have this stockpile of words, experiences, to draw from.  The foundation is right here, half of the writing is already done.  There's filler, fluff, sex, some religion, and character growth.  I've got almost everything.

The problem is that I don't have an ending.  And without an ending, I don't really have a place to start.  I mean, there needs to be something to conclude at the end, so with no conclusion there's no story line.  

It doesn't need to be a perfect ending, it doesn't need to be a tragedy, or even need to be anything big.  I just need something, something to wrap up the themes and offer a summary or transition.  I've been stuck in the same looping chapter of my life for a while now... Single, dating, break up, drinking too much, and repeat.  Hell, it bores me to death and it's MY life.  

So, it seems that I to need to start the next evolution of my life, the next chapter, before I can start the first chapter of my book.

Ok, I have to laugh at myself a minute here... to write my book, first I need a "happy ending".  You know what I mean.  Wink, wink, nudge, nudge...

Oh, and I need a title.  I was thinking "Eat, Pray, Fuck" but then Julia Roberts did the movie and I have this uncontrollable, primal hatred for Julia Roberts.  I'm pretty sure she isn't human, just a huge set of teeth with a giant nose and a few willowy appendages attached.

Title suggestions welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment