Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I think I'm done with all this...

This blog was started when I was going through a lot of personal tribulation.  I was dealing with a lot of different things, changes in my life, and was trying to improve as a person.  The blog was a safe place to go to write about whatever I wanted.

Many things have changed since 2009, good and bad.  I'm in a completely different place than when I started, better or worse I'm not sure.

It's been long enough, this blog has just about reached the end of it's usefulness in my life.  I've learned the lessons, grown and developed on these pages.  Hundreds of thousands of words chronicling pivotal years in my life.  For that I will be grateful.  But I think it's time to make some changes.

I'm going to be spending more time offline.  Writing but not the kind of writing you've seen here.  I might pop back in from time to time but I think I've taken blogging about as far as I can.  It's time to learn some different lessons now.  I'm taking an indefinite hiatus, a pilgrimage of sorts, away from all this modern BS.

Additionally, I think I'm done with women and relationships for the foreseeable future.  People are messy creatures that create as many problems as they solve.  Connecting with other people introduces unnecessary complexity.  Why?  What for?  Until I figure out my own world, my own mind, my own happiness, I don't see the need to clean up after anyone else.

So, I think it's time to find a small cabin in the woods, far from humanity, to live a quiet, uncomplicated life.  I might write about it, I might not, I'm beholden to no one.

5 comments:

  1. It's a shame to hear.... (hugs) A cabin in the woods sounds really nice.... And yea I get exactly what you are talking about here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can find a better place to be mentally. I hear more than frustration in writing. I think you are a very strong person but sometimes circumstances get the better of us. Please be cautious and don't do anything stupid to yourself that would cause irreversible damage. Hoping for the best for you. Sending you a virtual hug from far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found that taking time for myself, to be alone and be introspective has worked wonders for me. That, and I developed a love of running (literally, not figuratively) that also quite literally took me to and through divorce. Just me, myself, and I, the wind in my hair, breathing in the air and natural world around me - makes me feel whole, and strong, and stable again. Best of luck to you on this new journey you are embarking on. Joy is a tangible thing, you just have to first find it within yourself. And remember how you leave your mark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad to see you go but I understand. I wish I had the "whatever it takes" to stop blogging and go hold up in a cabin somewhere. I'm a prisoner of my own device. Good luck! I believe the relationship we form with ourselves is the most important. We can't get the other relationships right until we fix that one. I often wonder for myself if I'll ever get right with myself. I hope yours goes well and you have all the success in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take the time.

    Heal thyself.

    I'll order the orange monk robes.

    S x

    ReplyDelete