Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sucky Sunday

You know what, I haven't had a very good day today.  But fuck that, I'm not going to succumb to mopey suckiness without a fight.  Since I don't have anything really good to write about I'm going to write about whatever tickles my fancy.  And right now, that's my dog.

Huge storms were expected this weekend, it was going to be one of those once-in-a-lifetime weekends where everyone thinks the world is ending.  It didn't, of course, but they panicked nonetheless.  It was rainy and windy but nothing worse than a regular storm, it just lasted a lot longer.

Friday, I took the day off work and bought a few things; booze, food, and an extra case of water.  I wrote about all of that in my last post.

What I didn't mention was that I also bought a GIANT rawhide bone for my dog.  She literally eats rawhide bones, she has a major oral fixation and will chew on them for hours until they're gone.  Probably goes through at least four small ones a week.  She's like a machine.

So, I figured if we were going to be stuck indoors for most of the weekend I should get her a treat.  I found the largest rawhide bone possible and brought it home.

I could not have predicted her reaction.

She loves the bone.  Like, LOVES the bone.  She cuddles up with it like a long lost lover.  She throws it around, pounces on it, carries it around.  She snuggles it, plays with it, she's ridiculously happy right now.  It's It's her best friend and a chew toy rolled into one.  It's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

It's hilarious.

We might be stuck inside but at least we have some entertainment.  She has her bone and I have her (and vodka).

No comments:

Post a Comment