Friday, October 17, 2014

Three day weekend

This morning I decided not to go to work.  It's nice to have that options sometimes.  Most of my work involves being available by phone or email, I don't have to go in to the office I just have to make sure I have my phone on.

So, I spent my morning getting some shopping done.  Everyone is loading up for the weather this weekend.  It probably won't be as bad as the news is predicting, but we rarely get bad weather so everyone is panicking.  Oooh, some rain and wind.  Big deal.  I lived in Florida for six years, now that's bad weather.

Food, booze, and an extra case of water.  That's all anybody needs for a weekend inside, right?  Well, other than someone to cuddle with but that's beside the point.

I'm a little worried about my dog though.  She's more of a dark beer kind of girl and the liquor store was out of her brand.  They had plenty of vodka but she doesn't do clear liquors unless I sweeten them up.

I'm kidding, of course.

What I am worried about is her bladder size.  If the weather is nasty we're going to be doing fewer walks and shorter ones.  It's going to be an antsy weekend for her.  If I get bored and/or drunk enough I might try and potty train her.

One of the benefits of a slow weekend is I can spend some quality time coming up with plans for my tattoo appointment next month.  There's some work that needs to be done on my right arm and I'm trying to get my favorite local artist to do it for me, I just need to come up with some ideas.  I have a few but hashing it out some more never hurts.  Mostly, I want to give her a free hand but some direction helps.

This will also give me some time to figure out what to do for my birthday.  The last couple have really sucked and I could use a pick-me-up, so I need to come up with something epic.  I've met a few people recently that have some... varied interests and proclivities.  ;)  They should have some good suggestions.  

1 comment: