Thursday, October 9, 2014

Two cents

I've resisted the urge to write my side of the story, which hasn't been easy with some of the barbs that have been thrown my way. People seem to forget that there are two sides to every story. My side doesn't really matter to anyone but me and Ann, posting it would only make a bad situation worse. So, I haven't written about it. Or at least I haven't posted about it, I've been writing plenty.

I will give you one small example though, I consider her feelings before I write any of this. I try not to write things that might cause her additional pain. I give her time, space, and quiet to contemplate without stirring up the pot. I have stories of my own that illustrate my side of things. But I'm trying not to make any of this messier than necessary or more painful for her.

That's pretty much the bottom line right there, even now I take her feelings into consideration.  

There's no part of this that's healthy for me. So, I need to back away, re-evaluate, and take care of myself before I get hurt even worse.

4 comments:

  1. <3 and squishy hugs to you too.

    The world needs more squishy hugs. And so do you.

    Time. Give it to yourself and be kind to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to you. I'm here if you wanna chat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is always two sides to a story.
    Good luck to you both in finding what each of you needs. If it's together, then all the better for you, but if it's not possible, then I hope you find peace within yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I'm sorry you're getting grief from people. What's going on between the two of you is none of anyone's business, as long as:

    1) One person isn't victimizing the other one; and
    2) Neither one of you has asked anyone for help

    How much either one of you has written about it is irrelevant.

    From what I've read from you and Ann, neither one of those is happening, so I'm not sure what anyone hopes to gain from giving you a hard time.

    ReplyDelete