Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Holidays

I've never been that big on them but ever since my daughter and Cat's family moved away, I hate the holidays.  All of them.  Birthdays, Father's day, Christmas, Valentines day (though I've always hated Valentines day), Halloween, Thanksgiving, all of them.  A big part of my family leaving the area when the rest live on a different continent has turned me into a regular Scrooge McDuck, and if you're too young to get that reference you probably shouldn't be here.

This year, I was supposed to fly out and spend a week with my daughter, Cat, and family.  There was some miscommunication, ahem, to put it politely, and those plans fell through.  So, I was left with the prospect of spending the holidays alone, going back home to see my parents and sisters (what I did last year), or maybe doing something a little crazy...

I decided to do something a little crazy.  After talks with some fellow bloggers and an offer of a couch to sleep on, I booked two weeks in Australia instead.

So, I have plenty of material and some posts written up but will probably be MIA for the next couple of weeks.  Hopefully you all have some Happy Holidays and we all have some good, ahem, to put it politely, stories to share in the new year.

1 comment:

  1. I get this. I did the same thing here for Thanksgiving. Went outside the box. Although mine wasn't as nice as two weeks in Australia. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete