Friday, March 20, 2015

Two Weeks

Jeez, time flies when you're having fun, right?  I was looking at my reader today and realized it has been almost two weeks since my last post.  Not so long ago I was posting daily, what happened?  Well, I've been busy writing, just not here.

Some of you know that I've been working on some projects that are little more involved than blog posts.  For the last two decades I've wanted to be a published writer and I'm finally dedicating time toward that goal.  A large portion of my free time is no longer free for blogging but other progress is being made.

For the last two weeks I've been neck deep in a short novella (or a long short story, depending on your perspective).  It would be easy to say I'm excited about this piece but then I'm excited about every piece.  Every project is a little better than the previous one, there's always something to learn, and the next will be even better.

Last night I finished the first draft.  There's something amazing about finishing a first draft, a terrific feeling that is quickly countered when I re-read it and realize how much more work still needs to be done.  But for tonight I'm basking in the warm glow of vodka and accomplishment.

Cheers!

1 comment: