Friday, June 26, 2015

I can be an asshole sometimes

I often tell people I'm an asshole, it's surprising how few people believe that.  I might not be one all the time but I have flashes just like everyone else.

This evening I was having dinner with Stephanie.  She was talking about how videos were more and more common, cameras everywhere.  In some ways that's pretty awesome, the ability to hold everyone accountable for their actions and record meaningful events.  On the other hand it's a terrifying, 1984-esque concept.  It led to the following conversation.

Stephanie: "Someday soon we're all going to be recorded 24/7, all accountability all the time."

Me: "No way, uh uh.  I'll move to a tiny cabin in the middle of nowhere if we ever reach a situation even close to that."

(That's not an uncommon comment from me, I often talk about how I'd rather be a hermit than live in a society I don't like.  Which is more and more likely every day.)

Stephanie gave me a sly look: "You ever see someone else with you in that cabin?"

I thought about that for a moment before giving her the honest answer:  "Nope."

That pretty much ended our almost romantic evening.  No regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment