Thursday, July 2, 2015

Sucky week

Well, for it being a short week with a long holiday weekend it's somehow turned into something utterly crap-tastic.  One of those weeks that you wish would end but somehow you aren't optimistic that the next week will be any better.

I got screwed over by the property managers I hired to take care of the townhouse that Cat and I still own thousands of miles away.  They needed over three grand for mysterious repairs, denied sending me the necessary paperwork, declared it all an emergency, and now won't even answer my emails.  After I sent the money, of course.  Money that I didn't really have to spare.  I'm sure it's just a crappy agent and not a scam, I've worked with them for over five years, but it's got me tearing my hair out at the roots -and I didn't have that much hair to begin with.

The large tax return that I was supposed to get, that would cover the house repairs has somehow been lost in the ether.  It was filed on time, with the same preparers I always use, all the paperwork was straight, yet every time I try to find out what's going on with it no one has a clue.  It just disappeared.  I can't even verify it was filed at all.

I got a text this week from Cat, apologizing for missing Father's Day.  It wasn't entirely unexpected, I'm pretty far down on her priority list, but things like that still sting.  She said that our daughter was really bothered that she didn't get to talk to me and that we should skype this week.  Monday I sent her my usual text "I am available whenever works for you guys (big time difference).  Just let me know when and I will make it work with my schedule."  Haven't heard anything back from her.

Last week I decided that I need to break up with Stephanie.  It's been a long time coming but I put my mental foot down and decided that we'd have the talk next time I see her.  She's a sweet girl and deserves more than a text.  Also, I'd like to stay friends if possible, as unlikely as that is.  But I've been so exhausted with everything else going on that I haven't even seen her since then and can hardly imagine drumming up the energy to see her right now, let alone break up with her.  Sigh, it needs to be done though.

Then this morning I saw an article about how Kanye West announced that he is "the greatest living rock star on the planet".  That's just fucking ridiculous.  I barely consider what he does to be music, let alone rock.  Thankfully, most of the planet seems to be mocking the declaration as much as I did.

And finally, until all of the craziness with the townhouse and taxes get figured out, I'm broke.  Like eating Ramen noodles, counting down to payday broke.  I have a four day holiday weekend and can't even afford beer.  Now that's depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment