Friday, August 7, 2015

I had an idea

I had an idea for a post today but it was a bit too sappy and depressing, it wasn't any fun, and it's Friday so there really should be something amusing that can be posted.

So... I'm going to go get a stiff drink and be right back...

Still here?  Wow, your Friday afternoon/evening must be as busy as mine.  For those curious, I'm drinking Rum and Ginger Ale.  It's all I had in the fridge.

The post I was going to originally do was based on this article, "Why Break Ups Hurt More For Women."

For those too lazy to read the article, it describes how men and women react differently to break ups.  According to the study, women are hurt far more when a relationship ends, then they eventually recover and are generally stronger for the experience.  Compared to men, men are hurt less after the break up but never recover, just move on.

Just reading that summary, you should have some idea where I'm going with this.  I kind of feel like the article and the study missed something.  The title says break ups hurt more for women... but they recover... and are stronger afterwards, men are just kind of a footnote but it says they get over it.  To me, that begs the question how break ups (some study said we average three by our thirties) affect men long term.  According to the study women would get stronger and stronger, it seems to follow then that men would get weaker and weaker... which is fascinating in many ways.  But they never follow up on that.

The post I was going to do about the article wasn't that interesting so I'll give you that link and summary and leave it at that.

Let's find something more entertaining to write about this evening.  Hmmm...

Alcohol, Music, and Fridays usually go well together.

I'm in a heavy mood, let's see what we can find.


I don't think I've put this one up yet, it's a good 'un.


This one kept showing up in my Slacker feed.  I don't even know who Nonpoint is, but I like the song.

The next one, I'd advice you not to watch if you're on any kind of psychedelic drugs.


WTF is on TV right now?  I just looked up and have no clue.  I might also be drunk, this post has taken abnormally long to put together.

I think I've put this one up before, but it's worth watching again.  "I love the cocaine, I love the cocaine."


I'm all over the place tonight, I know, but I'm having fun.


Gotta have some Pantera.

And some Shadows Fall.


It's not always obvious but the guitarists for Shadows Fall are fantastic.

Another favorite.


Fun side note, my dog is digging the music tonight, she's laying by the couch with a big grin on her face. Especially during that last song, good taste rock dog.

Okay, I have to preface this next one... I really don't like Limp Bizkit, but I really like the guitar player, Wes Borland.  He's crazy and talented.  Guitar World did an interview with him in the 90's, always comes up with the craziest outfits to wear on stage.  Just look for the guy in the skeleton outfit in the video, yeah that one that doesn't fit in at all...



Alright, and we'll wrap it up with a slower tune.  And some more shots.  It's another weird video but the song is pretty sweet.  And more shots...

No comments:

Post a Comment