Friday, September 11, 2015

New Project

Regular readers know that I also moonlight as a writer.  I've got a couple novel length projects, some shorter stuff, some kids stories.  None of them are 'finished', they all need some serious editing, but I'm getting better at it.

Anyway, I finished a first draft of a novel last month and I've been kind of wishy washy over what I should do next.  I'm doing NaNoWriMo again this year, which starts in November.  According to the rules we're supposed to start a new project on the first day and finish the draft by the end of the month, equaling 50K words.  I've done a couple before, they're fun.

But the dilemma is, what do I do in the interim?  I don't want to start some serious project that might not be done before NaNo, but I also don't want to waste the time by not writing.

Today was one of my writing groups.  I didn't have anything specific to work on so I just played around with one of my older ideas and actually got a lot of words in today.  Which will be a little amusing when you find out what it is.

It's a weird project, completely unlike the stuff I normally do.  But that's kind of a good thing.  I was thinking that since it's something I'd never publish under my own name, I might just publish it as Johnny Id.  It's something ridiculous, dirty, crass, and a little sexy.  It's something that I could link to here so that curious readers could check out some of my writing... even if it's not the stuff I normally do.

Have I piqued your curiosity yet?

I told you it was weird.

It's an Erotica-Noir-Satire about a sleazy private detective that gets drawl into all sorts of weird, sexy, hopefully funny situations.  So, yes, I had a half woody and was blushing through the entire writing group.  (Like I said, nothing I'd put up under my own name.  I can't imagine the conversation if my mother ever found it.)

I have to ask though, is that something that any of you would be interested in reading or should I not bother?  I've got the time to kill but if nobody would read it then I'll find something else to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment