Thursday, November 12, 2015

Random Thought While Stuck in Traffic

This afternoon I was stuck in an everyday, yet still epic, traffic jam.  As I was highly irritated and my AC died last month, I had the windows rolled down and the metal cranked up on the radio.  I got to my favorite song and hit repeat.  For the next forty minutes I was blaring the same song over and over and over.  It amused me greatly to think I might be causing extra annoyance to fellow drivers.

I love the rhythm on that track.  Not that the audio quality of this video is very good.
Anyway, as I had plenty of time on my hands a strange thought occurred to me.  Kids these days will never know the joy of buying the new album from their favorite band and finding a secret song at the end.  This Staind album is a good example, the last 'track' had ten minutes of silence after the song then there's a flowery song at the end.  That doesn't really work with mp3 players, or iTunes, or Spotify.  One more reason to feel sorry for the following generations.

2 comments: