Monday, January 4, 2016

2016 off to a bad start

For the last few days I've been working a bit on a tongue-in-cheek New Years post.  It was going to be an update but generally just silly, stupid stuff.  I was trying to start off the new year with something at least a little upbeat.

Yeah, that post got derailed today.  I got a call from a family member that was unexpected.  I'm not going to go into any details, I don't talk about family here, but someone ended up in the hospital.  Don't ask for anything more specific, I won't answer.

It's bad though. 

Maybe the worst part for me is that the situation pulls up so many things I want to write about, talk about, share, commiserate, and my natural inclination is to do that here.  But I can't for many reasons.  

My second reaction would be to talk to Stephanie, we might not have worked out dating but she's been one of my closest friends ever since, but it'd traumatize her more than it does me.  She's a sensitive soul.  I'd end up letting her cry on my shoulder rather than the other way around, and that's not going to help anyone.

So...  On to the third option?  I'm not sure what that is though.  I could just write about it and never publish it anywhere, but I feel like that's not going to do it with this situation.  There's a lot of mixed feelings, reactions.  Maybe I should look up the number for some local therapists again.  My last foray into the mental health world didn't go too well, but it might be time to give it another shot.

I can only say that hopefully the year can only get better from here.

And hopefully yours started off better than my family's.

Now, excuse me while I spend the next couple days looking at photos of cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment